To comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the“Ordinance”), China Ping An Insurance (HK) Co., Ltd.. (“the Company”) would like to inform you of the following:
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply the Company with personal data in connection with the application for and provision of insurance products and services as well as the carrying out by the Company of other services relating to these insurance products and services. It is voluntary for you to provide the information in this insurance application form. However, if you fail to do so, this may result in our failure to process your insurance applications or to provide or continue to provide the insurance products and services, claims and participation in our promotional activities. Data may also be collected by the Company from you in the ordinary course of the Company’s business, for example, when you lodge insurance claims with the Company or generally communicate verbally or in writing with the Company, by means of documentation or telephone recording system, as the case may be.
- PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data relating to you may be used for the following purposes:
- processing applications for insurance products and services;
- providing insurance products and services to you and processing requests made by you in relation to our insurance products and services, including but not limited to requests for addition, alteration or deletion of insurance benefits or insured members, setting up of direct debit facilities as well as cancellation, renewal, or reinstatement of insurance policies;
- processing, adjudicating and defending insurance claims as well as conducting any incidental investigation;
- performing functions and activities incidental to the provision of insurance products and services such as identity verification, data matching and reinsurance arrangement;
- exercising the Company’s rights in connection with the provision of insurance products and services to you from time to time, for example, to recover indebtedness from you;
- designing insurance products and services with a view to improving the Company’s service;
- preparing statistics and conducting research;
- Promoting our company or related companies’ financial products, services, rewards and special offers to you by our company or related companies;
- Your personal data may transfer to companies within or outside Hong Kong, which the companies are China Ping An Insurance (Hong Kong) Co., Limited (“CPAIHK”), CPAIHK’s mother company, group’s companies, subsidiaries and related companies;
- marketing services, products and other subjects (please see further details in paragraph (4) of this PICS);
- complying with the obligations, requirements and/or arrangements for disclosing and using data that bind on or apply to the Company according to:
- any law binding or applying to it within or outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) existing currently and in the future;
- any guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, confederation or federation of insurance industry or associations of insurance or financial services providers within or outside Hong Kong existing currently and in the future.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data held by the Company relating to you will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such data to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph (2) of this PICS:
Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business including, administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing, storage, investigation, and debt collection services as well as other services incidental to the provision of insurance products and services by the Company (such as loss adjusters, claim investigators, debt collection agents, private investigators, recovery agents, data processing companies, professional advisors and legal advisors);
- reinsurance companies with whom the Company has or proposes to have dealings;
- any person or entity to whom the Company is under an obligation or otherwise required to make disclosure under the requirements of any law or rules, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or guidance given or issued by any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities, or Confederation or Federation of Insurance industry or associations of insurance or financial services providers binding on or applying to the Company, or any disclosure pursuant to any contractual or other commitment of the Company with local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental, tax law enforcement or other authorities, or confederation or federation of insurance industry or associations of insurance or financial services providers, all of which may be within or outside Hong Kong and may be existing currently and in the future.
- Such information may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong.
Our website will record your visit to analyse the number of visitors and general usage situation, and some data will be collected through “Cookies”. Cookies is a small piece of data file which can automatically install in the web browser of visitors computers for future searching. Cookies can enhance the website usage through your storage of individual preferences, and to provide you better online experience. Cookies is a collection of nameless collective statistical data, it does not include names or addresses or allow third parties to access your data through telephone, email or other ways. Most browsers have preset cookies functions. If you want to close cookies function or get notification before using Cookies, you can change your browser settings. However, this change may disable you to enter all interfaces of our website.
- USE OF PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
To ensure that you can fully understand our latest services, promotions, discounts, other related products as well as the products and services provided by our business partners, the Company may use your personal data in direct marketing. Save in the circumstances exempted in the Ordinance, the Company cannot to use your personal data without your consent (which includes an explicitly indication of no objection). In this connection, please note that:
the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, financial background and demographic data of you held by the Company from time to time may be used by the Company in direct marketing;
If you do not wish the Company to use your personal data in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying the Company. You may write to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of the Company at the address or fax number provided in paragraph (5) of this PICS; or exercise your opt-out right to the company in relevant application form (if applicable).
- DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION RIGHT
In accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to check whether the Company holds personal data about you and to require the Company to provide a copy of such data (data access right) and to correct the data which is inaccurate. Such requests can be made in writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of the Company at the following address or fax number:
China Ping An Insurance (HK) Co., Ltd.
Personal Data Privacy Officer
17/F Allied Kajima Building,
138 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2802 0018
According to the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
- You also have the right, by writing to the Company’s Personal Data Privacy Officer at the address or fax number provided in paragraph (5) of this PICS, to request for the Company’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kinds of personal data held by the Company.
- The Company keeps your personal data only for a period reasonably necessary for any of the above purposes or as prescribed by the applicable laws or regulations.
- Should you have any query with this PICS, please do not hesitate to contact our Personal Data Privacy Officer at 2827 1883.
- Nothing in this PICS shall limit the rights of the customers under the Ordinance.
- The Company retains the right to change this PICS without prior notice.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this PICS,
the English version shall prevail. http://www.pingan.com.hk/about/privacy/lang/en
Updated on 12th February, 2019