China Ping An Insurance (HK) Co., Ltd (referred to hereinafter as the "Company") recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) ("PDPO"). Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by the Company is accurate. The Company will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
Please note that if you do not provide us with your personal data, we may not be able to provide the information, products or services you need or process your request.
- PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
From time to time it is necessary for the Company to collect your personal data which may be used, stored, processed, transferred, disclosed or shared by us for the purposes ("Purposes") of the following:
- offering, providing and marketing to you the products/services of the Company, other companies of the Ping An Group ("our affiliates") or our business partners (please see further details in "Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing"), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
- processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you for products/services offered by the Company and our affiliates;
- providing subsequent services to you, including but not limited to arranging contract of insurance, administering the policies issued, requests for addition, alternation or deletion of insurance benefits or insured members, setting up of direct debit facilities as well as cancellation, renewal, or reinstatement of insurance policies.
- any purposes in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates, including but not limited to investigation, processing, adjudicating and defending insurance claims;
- detecting and preventing fraud (whether or not relating to the products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates);
- designing products/services for customers;
- conducting market research for statistical or other purposes;
- matching any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- conducting identity and/or credit checks and/or debt collection;
- complying with the laws of any applicable jurisdiction;
- carrying out other services in connection with the operation of the Company's business; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data will be kept confidential but the Company may, for the purposes set out in the above, transfer your personal data to:
- any of our affiliates, any person associated with the Company, any reinsurance company, claims investigation company, your broker, industry association or federation, financial institution in Hong Kong or elsewhere and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong;
- any person (including private investigators) in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and/or our affiliates;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology or other services (including direct marketing services) to the Company and/or our affiliates in Hong Kong or elsewhere and who has a duty of confidentiality to the same;
- credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business;
- any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority in Hong Kong or elsewhere; and.
- the following persons who may collect and use the data only as reasonably necessary to carry out any of the Purposes specified above: adjusters and surveyors, agents and brokers, employers, health care professionals, hospitals, accountants, financial advisors, solicitors, organisations that consolidate claims and underwriting information for the insurance industry, fraud prevention organisations, other insurance companies (whether directly or through fraud prevention organisation or other persons named in this paragraph), the police and databases or registers (and their operators) used by the insurance industry to analyse and check data provided against existing data.
Transfer of your personal data will only be made for one or more of the Purposes specified above. Such information may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong.
For our policy on using your personal data for marketing purposes, please see the section below "Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing".
Our website will record your visit to analyse the number of visitors and general usage situation, and some data will be collected through “Cookies”. Cookies are a small piece of data file which can automatically install in the web browser of visitors computers for future searching. Cookies can enhance the website usage through your storage of individual preferences, and to provide you better online experience. Cookies is a collection of nameless collective statistical data, it does not include names or addresses or allow third parties to access your data through telephone, email or other ways. Most browsers have preset cookies functions. If you want to close cookies function or get notification before using Cookies, you can change your browser settings. However, this change may disable you to enter all interfaces of our website.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA IN DIRECT MARKETING
The Company intends to:
- use your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by the Company from time to time for direct marketing;
- conduct direct marketing (including but not limited to providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) in relation to the following classes of products and services that the Company, our affiliates, our co-branding partners and our business partners may offer:
- insurance, banking, provident fund or scheme, financial services, securities and related products and services;
- products and services on health, wellness and medical, food and beverage, sporting activities, membership, entertainment, spa and similar relaxation activities, travel and transportation, household, apparel, education, social networking, media and car related services;
- the above products and services may be provided by the Company and/or:
- any of our affiliates;
- third party financial institutions;
- the business partners or co-branding partners of the Company and/or affiliates providing the products and services;
- third party reward, loyalty or privileges programme providers supporting the Company or any of the above listed entities.
- in addition to marketing the above products and services, the Company also intends to provide the data described in (i) above to all and or any of the persons described in (iii) above for use by them in marketing those products and services, and the Company requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection for that purpose);
Before using your personal data for the purposes and providing to the transferees set out above, the Company must obtain your consent, and only after having obtained such consent, may use and provide your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may in future withdraw your consent to the use and provision of your personal data for direct marketing.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us in writing to the address in the section on "Access and Correction of Personal Data".
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to check whether the Company holds personal data about you and if the Company holds such data, and to require the Company to provide a copy of such data (data access right) and to correct the data which is inaccurate. Requests for access and corrections or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by the Company should be made in writing to the Personal Data Privacy Officer of the Company at the following address or fax number:China Ping An Insurance (HK) Co., Ltd.
Personal Data Privacy Officer
1901A, 19/F, NEO, 123 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Fax: (852) 2802 0018
The Company has the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the processing of any data access request.
The Company retains the right to change the PICS without prior notice.
In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of the PICS, the English version shall prevail. For more details, please visit http://www.pingan.com.hk/about/privacy/lang/en。
Updated on 13Jun 2022